Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Northwoods Deep by Joel Arnold


Description
"Deep in the north woods, two sisters become lost; one stalked by a murderous ex-husband, the other unable to rid herself of the leeches that appear mysteriously on her skin.

All are drawn to an old, dilapidated cabin.

Inside lives an old man with awful urges, accompanied by a Rottweiler possessed by something…unnatural.

But it’s what resides beneath the cabin that they should really be worried about.

Please join award-winning author Joel Arnold on a ride over the river and through the woods straight into terror in his newest novel, Northwoods Deep."

A sister's love, a father's pain, a brother's guilt, a psycho ex husband, a creepy old hermit, and an Indian legend all come together in a story so descriptive and well written that I could almost smell the woods and hear the river.
There are not many books that I assign the overused phrase of "page turner" and it may seem like I'm gearing up to call Northwoods Deep one of them....
Well I'm not. Because for me, this book was more rare than a page turner. I did not devour it in one sitting. This book was savored slowly over several days, even though I did not want to put it down. I forced myself to put it down. To make it last, simply because I don't know when I have enjoyed a book more, and I didn't want it to end. I do know it will probably be a long time before I find another one as good. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for more from this author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment